Yield: 8 halves
4 large baking potatoes
8 slices of bacon (or bacon bits)
1 c/ sour cream
1/2 c. milk
4 tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
8 green onions, sliced, divided (or chives)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for an hour to an hour and a half; until they are easily pierced by a fork. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. If you are using bacon bits just keep those handy.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
- To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 c. cheese and 1/2 green onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy.
- Spoon the mixture into the skins.
- Top each with remaining cheese, green onions or chives, and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
Originally posted by Yvonne over at http://triedandtasty.com/2010/07/twice-baked-potatoes/