Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 lbs fresh tomatoes, chopped & peeled
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- grated parmesan cheese
- To cook pasta sauce, heat olive oil over medium heat in a large iron skillet or heavy saucepan.
- Add onion, basil, garlic and salt.
- Sauté until onion is tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add tomato, parsley and sugar; heat to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 2 hours, stirring often or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove parsley.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or other Italian pasta and top with Parmesan cheese.
Originally posted by Laurilie over at http://www.food.com/recipe/fresh-tomato-spaghetti-sauce-10837